Sunday, January 15, 2012

QUERY-palooza!



If you asked writers to name their top pre-publication frustrations, odds are good the highest spot on that list would belong to query writing. I've been there, but I know the truth--anyone can learn how to write a compelling query letter with the right tools. Drawing on my years of experience teaching online query workshops, I'm offering a new comprehensive handbook designed to help writers master the query once and for all.

"QUERY: Everything You Need to Get Started, Get Noticed, and Get Signed" covers everything from basic query format to agent research to innovative strategies to create a fabulous hook. The handbook provides examples, worksheets, and tools to enable every writer to query well. For writers seeking publication, QUERY will provide practical, usable assistance for every stage of the querying process.

QUERY will be available in e-pub format Monday, February 6th! I'm really excited about it. I studied teaching at Pepperdine University and taught high school English for several years in a private school where I often wrote my own exercises and projects to supplement the existing curriculum. Extending my love of innovative teaching into the publishing field felt like a natural fit. I break down the writing process into manageable steps, help you identify what you should include, and include tools I wrote specifically with authors in mind.

To celebrate the publication of QUERY, I'm going to do a QUERY-palooza the week of February 6th-10th. I will be randomly choosing 5 queries from those submitted. If I receive more than 50 entries, I will choose 10 queries so feel free to spread the word! Each query will receive an in-depth critique and will be posted either on my blog (Tues-Fri), or as my monthly column at Romance University (Mon).

So, want to win a free query critique? To enter, simply fill out the form below. I will use random.org to choose which queries receive a critique. Please note that I will be copying and pasting the query exactly as you type it, so if you want your name or title redacted, please do so. :)

I will accept entries until 8 p.m. central time Friday, February 3rd.

Good luck to you!










2 comments:

  1. Nice idea!! I'll tweet it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, C.J.! This kind of stuff is always fun. :-) I'll retweet it as well.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails