Monday, August 30, 2010

Nemesis, Thy Name Is Cardboard



1. Last week was wild, incredible, and exhausting (but in a good way).

2. The Skip A Starbucks Day fundraiser brought in a little over 1/2 of what we need to raise, which is AWESOME!

3. If you donated, blogged, tweeted, emailed ... thank you. Those two words are truly inadequate in the face of how much you've blessed our family, but it's all I've got.

4. I'm leaving the donate button up on the sidebar because donations keep trickling in. Again, thank you.

5. The only downside to being totally focused on fundraising last week?

6. The laundry saw my momentary distraction, whispered sweet nothings into the ears of my three boys ("Yessssss, go roll down that muddy hill, change your shirt, and then do it again! Your mom won't even notice!), and staged what shall hence forth be referred to as The Laundry Mutiny.

7. I realized the imminent danger with only hours to spare. Mostly because I had to be somewhere IN PUBLIC Sunday night and discovered I was going to have to either do a quick load of laundry or arrive in my birthday suit.

8. Since then, I've been dividing my time between teaching the laundry who's boss, catching up on email, organizing home school materials, and figuring out how to fit 5workdays into 4 so we can go to Louisiana (the birthplace of humidity and bugs) for the weekend.

9. What else happened last week besides running both an online and on-site fundraiser?

10. I did a face plant into some empty boxes at work, that's what.

11. Who leaves a pile of boxes right outside my office door???

12. It's like they WANT me to die.

13. Fortunately, I didn't have an audience for that.

14. Sadly, I can't say the same for the THREE TIMES IN A ROW that I hit my face on a box that hung over the edge of its shelf and into the hallway by about four inches.

15. It's not that I didn't see it.

16. I did.

17. Well, I did after I walked into it.

18. It's not that I didn't know it was there.

19. Especially times 2 and 3.

20. It's that I was distracted.

21. By someone asking me questions.

22. And clearly, I cannot safely walk and talk at the same time.

23. I now suspect the employees are trying to kill me off with the clever use of cardboard and conversation.

24. Kudos to them for making it look like an accident.

6 comments:

  1. I think you were so giddy about the Awesomeness of Last Week that your basic motor, survivial and cleaning skills simply went kerflooie. (It sounds so much better than saying you walked into the same box THREE TIMES!)

    Congrats on the fundraiser!! Can't wait to see pix of Johanna Faith playing in your backyard (or wherever is box-free and thus safe for children. Or you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome to see the wonderful response to helping a parent adopt... Maybe someone should offer walking lessons? And how to avoid that carboard box while talking lessons? :) LOL

    If it is your coworkers trying to kill you off, I will send in the weretoads to assist with the werellama of doom in exacting sweet revenge on their desks and office chairs. Muhaawahaha

    Kudos again on the fundraiser. PS How cold does it get where you live??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tendency to run into walls and doors. And chairs, tables, animals, people, and some golf carts. In rapid succession. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! This is such a fun post, C.J. I laughed aloud several times and my students are looking at me strangely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Louisiana is ALSO the home of really awesome twisty trees. =)

    I myself need to defeat the Laundry Monster...*eyeballs the pile* Eh, I'll do it tomorrow. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany, the famous jewelry manufacturer is [U][B]tiffany jewellery[/U][/B] renowned all around the globe. After it originally set up the shop in 1945, it now [B]tiffany jewellery[/B] has expanded ever since. It is always dedicated for creating high quality beautiful and elegant jewelries items. Among the [B][URL=http://www.tiffanyfree.uk.com]tiffany[/URL][/B] wide range, the sterling silver items are the most favorable and popular. Skilled jewelers [U][B]tiffany charms[/U][/B] put great effort and care in any detail, making sure that they are all made to very [B]pandora bangles[/B] high standard. That's the reason Tiffany jewelries stand out from [U][B]pandora[/U][/B] the rest.

    As luxury items, they never come out with cheap [U]tiffany rings][/U] prices. For common people, it is really an indulgence spending [B]tiffany & co[/B] much money on single luxury item. While, it doesn't means [U]tiffany sets][/U] luxury and beauty are the privilege of the [U]tiffany engagement rings][/U] wealthy. Tiffany replica jewelries just come to meet the [B]pandora bracelet[/B] high demand for affordable items. Simply to say, they are exact [U][B]pandora bracelet[/U][/B] replicas with popular Tiffany designs [U]pandora bangles[/U] but available at a very affordable prices. Thanks for the [U][B]tiffany co[/U][/B] appearance of them, most jewelry lovers' dream of [B][URL=http://www.tiffanyfree.uk.com]tiffany & co[/URL][/B] owning silver Tiffany jewelry can come true.


    You can easily find the suitable one you [U][B]pandora necklaces[/U][/B] really like. When selecting them, one important thing you should always remember is that choosing the very one that just meets your style and fits the outfits. For example, a simple silver hoop will look really good and elegant with a simple but refined dress, while a [B]pandora jewelry[/B] stunning diamond necklace will perfect if paired with the dress with [U]pandora bracelets[/U] dazzling style. If you still have no idea about matching them, you are [B]tiffany jewellery[/B] recommended to observe and learn how celebrities and other famous personalities [U]tiffany jewellery][/U] accessorize. Only when you choose the most suitable jewelry, you whole outfits would be accentuated.

    With their aesthetically [B][URL=http://www.pandoraforyou.com]pandora beads[/URL][/B] perfect design, good quality and affordability, there's no doubt more [U][B]pandora jewellery[/U][/B] and more women are falling in love with [B]pandora bangles[/B] replicas.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...