Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Deathly Hallows

I finished HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS yesterday. Don't worry, I won't put anything in this post that will spoil the book for you if you haven't read it yet.

Truman Capote once said:

"The test of whether or not a writer has divined the natural shape of his story is just this: after reading it, can you imagine it differently, or does it silence your imagination and seem to you absolute and final."

In this case, J.K. Rowling silenced my imagination, satisfied my heart, and the Harry Potter series does seem to me to be absolute and final.

Is it too soon to yearn for another series out of her?

5 comments:

  1. I am soooooo glad you are finished. That was the longest week of my life not being able to talk about the book!!!!!! :-)

    And, with the exception of Lemony Snicket. the only book I've EVER finished before you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, Anna. Just call me. It's an incredible read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sighs* Everyone is raving about this book and this series. I might have to break out of my usual fare and read it after all.

    ReplyDelete

People who comment are made of awesomesauce with a side of WIN!

Harry Potter Trailer & More!

The final trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 has been released, and I'm not going to lie. I get choked up every ti...